ss_blog_claim=b2279e430ccb7170410db0a73c6dc7ad

2008/06/09

A Different World

Fresh from my urology training at National Kidney and Transplant Institute, I arrived in Davao City on the last week of January 2008. After complying with the requirements, I started private practice sometime mid February. Quite a struggle, I was out of touch with my medical and non-medical circle of friends, only a handful knew that I was back. Thanks to supportive colleagues and friends, I was able to inch my way slowly into the world of private practice. No one said that its gonna be a walk in the park. Especially if there are people who make you make things harder for you. I had a difficult time adjusting to this slow pace since I trained in a high volume institution wherein surgeries are done day in and day out.
The tide has changed, when I arrived in NKTI, I asked myself if I was ready for the fast pace life in the capital, now I found myself asking me again if I was ready to go back to the laid back lifestyle in Davao. After staying in Manila for the past 4 yrs, I was accustomed to the pace and lifestyle there, especially in the workplace.
In my line of work, efficiency is of the essence, so I hate it so much if there are problems caused by inefficiency of the staff. I also am systematic in things that I do especially with my surgeries. I get upset if there would be delays because of poor preparation of supplies and/or instruments. Well, I guess that I have to extend my patience more since most people here are not used to the usual "toxic" that is considered a way of life in other places. Call me strict or toxic, but I have a systematic and efficient way of doing things so that no effort is wasted (Toxic- a hospital slang used for busy; strict person. During training, the toxic persons were the residents and fellows especially the seniors. Why? Its something that cant be explained in words but could be understood by people who were once residents and fellows.)
I'm in a different world right now, a place where I'll be in the years to come. No one said that it's gonna be easy, but I know that it's gonna be worth it.

MY Workplaces

DAVAO MEDICAL SCHOOL FOUNDATION HOSPITAL, BAJADA, DAVAO CITY


RIVERA MEDICAL CENTER, INC, PANABO CITY

No comments:

Davao on             the Web

Subscribe in a reader

Custom Search